We need to talk.
The possibility for compelling conversation is greater than ever. With social media the flow of information is instantaneous, the response rapid, the exchanges frequent (and pithy). Saying that, our lives are so often filled with superficial talk, from office chit chat to commentaries on last night’s television. How can we have conversations that inspire us to think in new ways, stimulate our curiosity, and prompt us to meaningfully engage?
Do you find meeting new people stressful? Fearful, you won’t find common ground, talk too much or conversely have little of interest to share? Adventurous conversationalists leave a lasting impression and are seen as an asset in the workplace. Honing your skills as a great conversationalist will also help you build relationships and unearth valuable and helpful information. Build your conversational confidence through this interactive workshop where we’ll explore:
- What may be holding you back from entering into meaningful conversation.
- How to put others (and yourself) at ease.
- How to initiate satisfying conversations and engage others.
- How to exercise your wit so it performs better for you.
- How to keep a conversation going (and, how to end one).
- How to hear what people are really saying (vs what they are telling you).
- How to turn a bad conversation into a good one.
- Why small talk is necessary.
- Why stories stick and why you need some.
- How to answer Â“so what do you do?Â”
Come along and discover how to make the leap from mere idle banter to enriching and adventurous conversation. This workshop is for introverts, extroverts, wallflowers, and ‘bon-vivants’ alike